Content optimization for On-Page SEO:
Many people even webmaster ask, how to rank our website easily. But they do not try to understand it is a wrong question because website is not ranked. A particular page of a website can achieve rank. For getting good ranking you must optimize your content in perfect way. Here I have discussed about how and which matters should be considered in organic On-Page content optimization process in order to optimize a page perfectly for getting better result. You know every page contains some text, images, videos, links and so on. Those are as a whole called content. Content optimization includes activities such as:
Page title optimization:
Page title may be not less than 40 character and not more than 70 character is recommended. Title of the page should contain main keyword or keyword phrase and it should be placed in the beginning part of the title for getting better result.
For example: Suppose your keyword is “content optimization” then you should make page title as “content optimization for On-Page SEO” not as like On-Page content optimization.
Your desired keywords should be inserted into page title, meta descriptions and contents. If your site is new then it is my suggestion to you, use long tail keywords. If your page contains 100 words then you may use keywords for 1 to 3 times. This keyword using ration is known as keyword density. Keyword density should not be more than 1-3% for getting best result. It is better if you are able to ensure that your main keyword appear in the URL of the page.
Meta description optimization:
Meta description is not visible to your visitor when they are visiting your site. It is needed for search engine bots to understand the subject matter. Meta description is considered in indexing process. So it should contain keywords or keyword phrases. You may see this in search engines result page just below your page title and URL. Meta description helps your visitors to understand what are you trying to say in this page. So your page meta description must be attractive enough considering your competitors page to attract traffic.
Body content optimization:
- The keyword you have selected must appear in first paragraph of your content. You have to clear your topic matter in this paragraph shortly in a attractive way. Because your visitor will be bored or interested to the next discussion of this page, depends on this first paragraph.
- Body content size should be at least above 600 character. But do not write an article of about 3000 characters, your visitor may get bored enough in reading such a big book. There may be some exceptional case. But you know exception is not an example!
- Every page should contain some images related to the subject of your content. An image or graphics can reduce requirements of hundreds of word. And off course it enhances beauty of your contents.
- Every page should contain some outbound links that are appropriate for the content. But be careful it can harm your page rankings. You can use rel=”nofollow, inindex” attributes in the HTML code of those links.
- Body content must be unique to get best response from search engine. SE may punish your decreasing page ranking if your content is duplicate. You can use Copyscape to judge your content unique or duplicate.
- You must ensure that your content do not contain wrong spelling words and grammatical errors. You can use Grammarly to correct these matters.
Using h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 & h6. tags:
You may use only one <h1> tag for making title of a page. Every page should contain at least one or more subheading with h2 tag. Then several sub heading can be made using <h3> tag. h1 tag wrapped heading is considered as the highest priority heading of the page and h6 tag get least priority.
Anchor text optimization:
You may use several internal and external links in your content. Generally those links are created using one or several text that are known as anchor text. In HTML codding, it is used inside of <a href=”http://www.google.com”>Google</a> We find out put: Google as link. If we click on this link then we go to Google home page. In this example, text “Google” is called anchor text.
- You may use as much as internal links. It helps in page raking process. But links must be valid and required.
- It is better to use keywords as anchor text but not more than once. But if your targeted keywords are several then each keyword can be used as anchor text separately.
Image optimization is a very vital part of content optimization. You have to use an alt (altenative) text inside of each image inserting HTML code. Such as: <img src=”image.png” alt=”example text“> Here example text are known as alt text. Basically search engine can not understand language of an image so we need to use an alt text to introduce that image. When people search images using “example text” in search engine then there is a chance to get your image. It can collect traffic for your site also.